Friday, January 18, 2008

Blog with images



I can give lame excuses to myself for not posting on this blog, like for instance, my laptop needing AC power (my battery was unusable). I threw the damn thing away and got a new one, which keeps me running, even in a remote corner in the Washington Square Park, for as long as five hours!

As I pretend to sit here and do work, what I actually do is to gape, sometimes with my mouth wide open. So was the case this morning, when I noticed a couple of professional nannies sitting next to me. I could not make out much of their discussion since it was in super-fast Spanish. My gaping led to reflecting, and got me thinking about a story on Onion about outsourcing childcare to India. The US couple in the story boxed their children up and shipped them over to India. For those who think Onion is a vegetable (or is it a fruit), it’s more like a fake news source.


Report: Many U.S. Parents Outsourcing Child Care Overseas

However, the real news I get from influential magazines like Marie Claire. A recent feature in the magazine highlights the new trend of outsourcing surrogate motherhood to India.
Customer service, tech support...these days we outsource everything to India. So why not pregnancy? Here is a report on the growing number of Indian women willing to carry an American child
Wow, looks like India could make a significant impact on the entire reproductive value chain. It’s no surprise, we have been the global experts in this industry for a while. I’m talking about the ‘making people’ industry.

No comments: