Friday, January 18, 2008

Post 6 test

Black Swaned

If you were wondering what Black Swan is, In the words of Nassim Nicholas Taleb (the person who coined it), it is a large-impact, hard-to-predict, and rare event beyond the realm of normal expectations. Taleb regards many scientific discoveries as black swans—"undirected" and unpredicted.
The term black swan comes from the ancient Western conception that all swans were white. In that context, a black swan was a metaphor for something that could not exist. The 17th Century discovery of black swans in Australia metamorphosed the term to connote that the perceived impossibility actually came to pass.

Today, as i was travelling in the auto, as i crossed the first leg of my travel, I witnessed a minor accident, a small girl and her father skid and bruised themselves. I was thinking to myself, may be there is a factor a safety with me, the two wheelers are more vulnerable to accidents than auto, more over I am not driving the auto, my mood doesn't reflect in the driving (ofcourse, the auto drivers' does!).I was gratifying my decision for not owning a vehicle as of now, for i dont have any dying needs, neither do i have a girl friend nor do i traverse large distances.Most important of all, i am not locked to the burden of EMI.

No comments: